Saturday, February 19, 2011

Dad's famous margaritas!!

Our heat is off. I ran in shorts and a t-shirt all week. I put my winter boots in the closet. We made margs! Thank you, little groundhog, looks like it really is going to be an early Spring. yahoo!!!!

Consider this your birthday and Christmas present for the next...well a long time (jk).  I'm about to share my Dad's margarita recipe.


bad lighting, picture doesn't do it justice, but here she is..in all her glory!

What you need:
spring or summer weather, good company, and good food
and...

1 can minute maid limeade (small) (don't throw limeadae can away, this is what you'll use to measure the other stuff)
1 can tequilla
1/2 can triple sec or cointreau
however much ice you want to make it the consistency you like
margarita salt
limes
a spoonful of grand marnier on top, if you're fancy like my Dad :)

What to do:
Blend it.
Well, first put in limeade, tequilla, triple sec, and ice. Blend.
Rub lime on rim, dip in marg salt, pour deliciousness in your glass, and top with a spoonful of grand marnier.

No margarita mix flavor, just limey tequilla-y goodness.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment