Saturday, March 5, 2011

fresh breakfast

I ate a whole bag of popcorn yesterday.

There. I said it. (I may have done that a couple other times this week too...) I usually try to be careful about what I put in my body, but sometimes I crave pizza, popcorn, pasta, brownies, wine, etc...my bad.

Today I woke up and said, "Self, let's make some good food choices today..mm k?" Off to a good start with a good breakfast, a run, and a homemade smoothie for lunch...

This is one of those "not really a recipe recipes" so feel free to adapt to your liking! 
What I used:
one serving
3 scrambled egg whites (3 egg whites, a dash of milk, salt, and pepper...whisked and then scrambled)
about 1/2 cup chopped onion
2 mini sweet bell peppers, chopped
4 mushrooms, thinly sliced
6 grape tomatoes, halved (that was all i had left)
a huge handful of spinach...plus a little more

What do to:
Heat a little drizzle of olive oil in pan over medium high heat. Add onion and peppers and saute a few minutes. Add mushrooms, tomatoes, and spinach. Cook until tomatoes are heated through and spinach is wilted. Combine scrambled egg whites and vegetable mixture. Serve with a dollop of salsa.

Enjoy!





p.s. I think we're having pizza tonight ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment