This is a fairly quick and very healthy summertime meal.
It's great for dinner and almost better for lunch the next day.
You can change it up or add more stuff to it if you'd like.
Might be good with shredded carrots, peas, tomatoes, etc...
Happy cooking to you:)
1 cup uncooked quinoa (I used organic white)
about 2 cups frozen organic corn
about a handful of snap peas, cut in half or thirds
about a half of a bunch of green onions, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
4 chicken tenderloins, boiled and shredded
BBQ sauce (I used Annie's Naturals
Organic Sweet & Spicy BBQ sauce from whole foods)
1. Boil chicken
(bring water to boil, add salt and pepper,
drop chicken in and let cook for 4-5 minutes.
remove from water, cool, and shred)
2. Cook quinoa according to package
(usually 1 cup quinoa, 2 cups water. bring to a boil then cover,
reduce to a simmer and let simmer for 10-15 min. fluff with a fork when done)
3. In a sauté pan at about medium heat add a drizzle of olive oil,
add minced garlic--watch it so it doesn't burn
4. Add thawed corn and cook a few minutes
5. Add chicken, cook a few minutes
6. Add snap peas and green onions, cook for a few minutes
7. Add chicken and vegetables to quinoa and add BBQ sauce to taste (a little at a time so it doesn't overpower it)
8. If needed add s&p and/or more bbq sauce
Garnish with cilantro.