Wednesday, October 13, 2010

fall cookies

A few Fridays ago I brought a treat to school for some of my coworkers. 
just a little "we made it to the weekend!" pick me up :) 
I brought s'more cups, a delicious recipe from my friend Sarah that I will share with you soon. 
Today in a meeting, a s'more-cup-loving work friend said, "
Kate, I've been thinking about those s'more cups!! Will you pleaseee bring another treat soon?" 
How could I resist? I came home, looked in the pantry to see what I already had, and was able to make these! They are sort of a hodge podge type of cookie, so if you're 
not into nuts and oats and a party in your mouth, 
you may want to leave out a couple ingredients :)

Ingredients:
1 c. melted butter
1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
1 c. peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. uncooked oatmeal
6 oz. chocolate chips
*1/2 c. chopped pecans
*cinnamon to taste (I used about 3/4 Tbsp)
*ingredients that I added to the recipe
*3 heaping Tbsp. homemade hot chocolate 
(I'll share that recipe soon!) (substitute with a packet of hot chocolate)

Directions: 
Mix all ingredients together and place by spoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheet. 
Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 10 minutes. 
Cookies will still be soft when done.


No comments:

Post a Comment