Friday, October 15, 2010

what's all the fuss about

a lot of people I know LOVE fall. people rave about it!
 i enjoy a good piece of pumpkin bread or a pumpkin latte once in a while. 
but i guess if i'm honest, i've never really considered myself a LOVER OF FALL. now living in north carolina, i am starting to see what all the fuss is about.
the leaves are changing. it's cooling off (scarves, boots, jackets!).
 pumpkin cake has never tasted better. it's absolutely gorgeous here! 
to some of you, that is nothing new and may not seem noteworthy. 
being a houstonian all my life, having 4 seasons is a new and exciting thing for me. i am becoming a true and genuine lover of fall :)  roasted pumpkin seeds. 
lots of hot chocolate on the porch. pumpkins in the house. pumpkin on the porch. fall flowers. fall cookies. my favorite fall thing of all, though, are the leaves....











beautiful, huh??
what do you love about fall?
:)

2 comments:

  1. I love the harvest moon. I love the way the sunlight sparkles as the crisp air diminishes Houston's humidity and the sky turns almost cerulean blue. (That's the oil painter speaking.) :) AND I love that fall means Kate and Ryan will be in Houston really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when a cool front blows through chasing the hot, humid Houston air away. I love the leaves blowing on the ground, even if they aren't beautiful fall colors. I love being able to wear something besides shorts and sandals, and being able to cook soup. Your blog is wonderful, Kate. I can't wait to see you both!

    ReplyDelete